The Forum is run by volunteers, and in fact, cannot exist without them. It welcomes volunteers of all ages, but especially people who are in middle and later life. We are very grateful to our current volunteers who give their time, energy and commitment to help the Forum continue.
Volunteers are required to assist with the following:
- Committee members (known also as Trustees) – this entails a 2 hour meeting every 6 weeks and attendance at some of our events. The committee is responsible for the overall management of the Forum. Committee members, if they wish to, have an opportunity to get further involved in project work, event planning, fundraising and marketing. Anybody interested in this role is invited to attend a committee meeting before deciding to join.
- Computer tutors – this involves offering assistance at our drop in sessions, taking up around an hour or two per week. Tutors don’t need to be experts, do not need to use their own equipment and are re-imbursed for travelling expenses.
- Helping to plan, organise and promote events.
- Co-ordinating or helping with the distribution of magazines to various centres.
- Being a member of our Environment & Transport Action Group.
- Selling advertising space in our magazine.
- Fundraising and grant applications.
- Writing articles for our magazine.
If you are interested in volunteering please fill in the form below, or call us for a chat on 07932 828333 or 07552 975676.