Senior Citizens Forum

The Telford Senior Citizens Forum is offering telephone support to older people who are feeling isolated or need some help. Volunteers can offer a regular call and a friendly chat to make sure older people are coping.

Just having someone to chat to can make a huge difference.

We have a group of very willing volunteers offering to be telephone buddies and keep in regular touch, and working with others such as Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin, we’ll try to get you any practical help you need too, such as getting groceries and medications.

Call 07932 828333 or 07552 975676 Monday to Friday between 10am and 4pm. Leave a message outside of these hours.

IT Support

Do you need help to solve a problem with your computer, tablet or smartphone? Would you like to find out how you can connect to family and friends? We are offering telephone or email support from one of our computer tutors. They may not be able to solve every problem this way, but they’ll  have a good try. Contact details above.

Or request help using our contact form.

Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin

Age UK are also offering telephone support as well as help with light household chores and shopping through their Help at Home service.
Call 01743 233123.
Their website offers lots of helpful information and advice, plus resources to help you to keep fit at home.

Telford & Wrekin Council

Any resident, particularly the more vulnerable members of our communities, who is in urgent need of assistance can request help online or by calling 01952 382030. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturday and Sunday 9am to 1pm. 

Telford Churches

Support with food parcels, prescriptions, dog walking, telephone chats. Call Sharon on 01952 505108.

Citizens Advice Telford & Wrekin

Call 01952 567193 or 01952 567173. Advice Line: 0300 330 1165.

People having problems with claiming Universal Credit can get help through 0800 144 8444 or national webchat support.

Email queries to or write to Citizens Advice Telford & the Wrekin, 40 Tan Bank, Wellington, TF1 1HW

Shropshire Star

The Shropshire Star are regularly updating a feature about support in the community. Click HERE to view.

Independent Age

The national charity’s website contains lots of useful information and guidance.

We’ll add more sources of support as soon as know about them.

The UK Government response

NHS guidance

Telford & Wrekin Council Coronavirus Advice

Age UK Coronavirus Advice

Keeping Well at Home – a useful guide

Follow us