This policy sets out how Telford & The Wrekin Senior Citizens Forum uses and protects any information that you give when you use this website, become a member or engage with our services.
The Forum is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and that your data is used fairly and lawfully. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will be used only for the purposes it is required for and in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and address
- Your contact details such as telephone number and email address
- Your preferences relating to receiving correspondence from the Forum
- Other statistical information such as your date of birth, ethnicity and where you heard about the Forum (optional)
What we do with the information we gather
1. We maintain a membership database
We use your name and address/email addresses to send our newsletter every two months. We pass your name and postal address or email address to a mailing company which uses them solely for this purpose.
We keep records of your consent and preferences relating to your details, and of any interest you have expressed to take part in Forum activities.
We may periodically send you emails about news and information relevant to our membership, using the email address which you have provided, and according to the preferences you have stated. To do this we may pass your email address to a mailing company which uses them solely for this purpose.
2. We use your contact details to respond to your enquiry, after which the details are not retained.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
This website is protected by SSL, (Secure Sockets Layer), in short, the standard technology for keeping an internet connection secure and safeguarding any sensitive data that is being sent between two systems.
Consent and Control
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for correspondence purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
- If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, or you wish to have your details removed from our records, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct/remove any information accordingly.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you by contacting us.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Use of Media
Photographs, videos and other media in which individuals can be identified can be seen as personal data in law, and will be taken, stored and used in line with data protection principles. They will:
- Only be used with the person’s consent.
- Only be used for the purpose for which they were taken.
- Be suitable for the purpose they are taken for, and not excessive.
- Not be held longer than necessary.
- Be removed and destroyed if the people in them ask us to do so.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We do not transfer any personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA).Follow us