The consultation deadline for the Telford & Wrekin Local Plan has been extended to the 8 January 2021 due to the second national lockdown.
The Issues and Options document sets out in detail the priorities for the Local Plan Review, options for employment and housing development requirements, proposed updates to policies and in some cases the addition of new policies.
Key priorities for the Local Plan Review include:
- tackling climate change and achieving carbon neutrality;
- protecting, managing and enhancing our green spaces to support stronger communities and combatting climate change;
- maximising inward investment and job opportunities;
- securing better homes for all;
- delivering stronger communities through regeneration and renewal; and
- improving health, wellbeing and tackling health inequalities.